19 December 2015

MEIN LEIBLING .....2

Now for Mein Mein Leibling as they say she will be put into my new gallery/Musuem and she will be for sale as the rest I am working on. I have looked all over the countryside and am perturbed there is no place to look at dolls from the past made in their glory. I  remember when I was young and that was years ago now there were collections all over to meet whatever you desired. Now with the modern life wow..... They are sold by the thousands but I have never seen a beautiful display not even the Antique ones. I have been so saddened by people when they clean out an estate they just throw them in the skip bins...wow I call that murder.....a society that has disappeared!

So instead of competing with this Textile Art and the art of today I am going to go back to what I once saw and restore the beauty of time, I believe in beautiful workmanship Art than will always be in time and never, never forgotten....

Now I begin My MEIN LEIBLING from the Company of Krammer and Reinhardt in the early 1900's producing character dolls or children. I was born in Hamburg Germany and we migrated here I so wanted one but my mum said she had them back in Germany hoping her sister would send them but sadly not she sold them to my mum's heartbreak. That's how I began my journey with dolls of the past and even Art Dolls creating them myself the way they were and even creating my own!  I didn't like my mothers sewing she made me dresses that didn't fit properly and the kids laughed at me, so too I started sewing and creating...... so let the journey begin... I also do have orginals... But first....
She is very authentic I copied her from an original..she  also has sleep eyes...that open and shutd, her head is porcelain. She has many firings to get her  accurate and the fine lines of her eyebrows. Body is composition and I have thickened up with other compositions her weak parts the head socket, arm sockets and so on. Her eyes are hollow glass  eyes which I have made them into sleep eyes, with eyelashes to keep them open and closed...  Her  hair is mohair side parted...short like a German child like my daughters when they were young...and their sweet chubby chops features the Germans have like when I was little.... people say you come from a European country.... You can see why I am so blown away with this doll, I have a lot of French dolls too but first I shall do the German I haven't seen a display of many of the German dolls, mostly French....which I love too and some of the early modern dolls ..... the modern, modern I leave to my grandchildren to collect I think this will keep me busy enough..... so I begin... keep tuned.....

1 comment:

  1. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    skip bin hire yeerongpilly

    ReplyDelete