15 December 2017

FIXING UP THE OLD AND NEGLETED

I just can't get away from my Label the Dolly Lady. People bring me dolls and I have to resurrect them. I really do think of what to do. It may not be the very best but at least they are still alive to tell their story. They have to be looked after with Utter care or else they do die and so does the history of the past.  What is the word ugly.... looking in the Dictionary of years ago it meant cute.... so what does it mean to many people today? When I look at how something was preloved and then handed down to their loved ones, people say oh my why don't you throw it out it's UGLY!

Well here are two dolls I thought resurrected. The mother gave it to her daughter who put it away, then one day going through the boxes she too gave it to her loved one. The loved ones child dropped it, making the mother feel guilty, she didn't want the older woman her mother seeing what happened to her beloved doll. The only doll she had every owned as a child.....I know my mum had a porcelain doll given to her in the late'20's when she was a child and when she played with it a neighbourly girl wreathed it from her arms and the poor thing went flying into the air and hit the ground hard....
I know my mum never got over it? I had only one doll given to me an English Pedigree, I called Mary I still have and my four daughters find her UGLY! That is why I love to do this kind of Artwork turn something UGLY into something Beautiful...
Broken doll moving eyes broken in pieces had to be reset the mama was added by someone and not the the right size

Head painted too streaky the cheeks

put layers on, between a glazed layer cannot be heated or glue will melt

The doll is finished the eys are as was they do move at least you cannot see the breaks does blend very well also created teeth with cold porcelain... could do more hair but it would show up marks.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment